Nothing rounds out a delicious appetizer spread than a big bowl of deliciously seasoned, roasted nuts. I served these alongside my Antipasto Block on Christmas Day, but they are absolutely perfect for entertaining all year long! You can season the nuts with anything that you like, or make them as spicy as you and your guests prefer. Feel free to use walnuts or any other type of nut, but keep them as large as possible so they hold up well when roasting and are easier for guests to grab!
(Courtesy of Real Simple)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 375° F. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the pecans and toss to coat.
- Transfer the pecans to a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.