Two of my colleagues celebrated a birthday over the weekend. I wanted to make a celebratory treat for our afternoon team meeting. No need for a sickly sweet dessert, just something light and fresh. As I leafed through my magazines over the weekend, I found this Angel Lush with Pineapple cake that caught my eye. I had most of the ingredients, only needed to pick up an angel food cake, so I knew it would be a quick make. With 20 minutes for prep and 1 hour to chill, this was the perfect birthday cake that was loved by all.
Angel Lush with Pineapple
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O® Vanilla Flavor Instant
- Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) prepared round angel food cake
- Seasonal Berries
- Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- Spread 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture onto cake layer; cover with middle cake layer. Spread 1 cup pudding mixture onto middle cake layer; top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with your favorite seasonal berries.