The holidays are a time for entertaining family and friends. From planned get-togethers and parties, to impromptu gatherings and unexpected guests dropping in for some holiday cheer, these dips are easy to put together and can be made with ingredients purchased ahead of time. Here are a few go-to dip recipes that are sure to get you through the holiday entertaining season!
Hot Apple, Ham & Cheese Dip
(Courtesy of Nabisco)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Honey Ham, finely chopped
1 cup chopped apples
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
WHEAT THINS Sweet Cinnamon Snacks
MIX cream cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar and ham; spread onto bottom of 8-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 15 min. Top with apples and remaining Cheddar; bake 5 min. or until Cheddar is melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Knorr Spinach Dip
- 1 (10 ounce) packages baby spinach, chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) packages vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.
- A new serving idea: Hollow out cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Fill vegetables with spinach dip and garnish with a sprig of dill.
- MAKES 4 cups dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
(Courtesy of Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Sauce)
8 oz. pkg.cream cheese, softened
1/2 cupblue cheese or ranch salad dressing
1/2 cupFRANK’S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cupcrumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each)SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, Frank’s RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers, Fritos Scoops or vegetables.
Rye Bread Dip
(Courtesy of The Crafty Hostess)
1 pint of mayo
1 pint of sour cream
1 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. dill weed
3 tbsp. onion flakes
1 jar (8 oz.) Hormel dried beef
- Chop the dried beef in a chopper or blender.
- Mix chopped dried beef with the mayo, sour cream, parsley, dill weed, and onion flakes.
- Chill in refrigerator and serve with chunks of rye, pumpernickel, or marble bread.